Saturday, July 11, 2009

Compare and Contrast

My wife and I have been in this Extended Stay Hotel ( ad says full kitchen, don't believe it),for over a month now. We are still married. We are waiting for our house to close, hopefully this month. I don't have the cable to connect to my computer to put pictures in and place on the blog, so I decided to do one on comparison of Interior Alaska to Reno, NV

1. They said our condo had a mountain view, I would classify them as hills
2. The county Washoe has about 200,000 less population than the whole state of Alaska.
3. We saw a cotton tail rabbit the other day as compared to Moose.
4. Got a Heineken for $1.25 the other day as compare to $4.50 in Fairbanks.
5. Get more wind here than in Fairbanks
6. Humidity is about 10%
7. If you gamble at the bar, you get your beer free.
8. Won a radio I can put in the shower for getting 4 sixes on video poker
9. Got lunch free yesterday and free beer after getting 4 aces on video poker
10. Groceries are cheap
11. Reno is very clean and well maintained
12. Was looking forward to seeing the 4th of July fireworks at night for the first time in over 6 years. City of Reno canceled them due to budgetary restraints
13. Our license plates are expired but don't have a palce to call home so sneaking around town to evade police.
14. They were talking about unemployed numbers on Fox news, saying there are hundreds of thousands of unemployed, and not looking for work and no place to live. Hey that's me.
15. Play texas holdum once a week
16. Wife won't let me go to the Bunny Ranch

More later